Sunday, October 23, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini

I just wanted to share what I created with the giant zucchini I was lucky enough to happen upon in our garden last week. Sometimes the mistake of an over grown vegetable can be quite rewarding.
I sauteed the inside of the zucchini that I scraped out to create room for the stuffing, 1 lb of diced white button mushrooms, and some vegetarian "meat" crumbles and combined that with 1 jar of spaghetti sauce for the top layer. I mixed low fat cottage cheese, grated parmesan, fresh garlic, and some mozzarella for the cheesy bottom layer. I baked the zucchini without filling at 400 F until soft (20 or so minutes) then layered the cheese and sauce mixture in the halves and baked for about 25-30 minutes until they were bubbly and warmed through. This is a total "no-recipe" required dish so go with flavors you like and it will be great!

For more of my recipes please visit my other blog Cooking.In.College by clicking HERE.


No comments: